Immigrant visas /green cards

EB-1 green cards for persons of extraordinary ability, outstanding researchers/professors, and certain multinational company executives and managers. EB-1 extraordinary professionals may self-petition. All others require an employer.

EB-2 green cards for highly qualified professionals where the employer requires a Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of experience. This is the most preferred category for foreign students graduating with US Master’s degrees.

EB-3 green cards for professionals with Bachelor’s degree and other workers requiring lesser education and/or experience. Note: EB-2 and EB-3 are mostly backlogged for persons born in India and China.

Registered Nurse and Physical Therapist green cards. These professionals are exempt from the DOL requirements of PERM labor certification. For qualified and eligible nurses from most countries this provides a faster path to green card via employment officer by a facility in the US.

National Interest Waiver Petitions under EB-2 category. Occupations that qualify for a NIW are not defined by statute, but NIW are usually granted to those who have exceptional ability and whose employment in the United States would greatly benefit the nation. Those seeking a national interest waiver may self-petition; they do not need an employer to sponsor them.

I-360 Religious Worker Petitions for green cards for certain religious workers who are currently on R-1 temporary worker visas.

Family based adjustment of status in the US and Consular Processing abroad for spouses, parents, all children and siblings of US citizens.

Lawful Permanent Residents can only file for spouses, children under 21, unmarried adult sons/daughter.

Violence Against Women Act VAWA Petitions